Monday, October 22, 2007

My Little Turkey

Landon might be the death of me before he is 2. He crawls everywhere but he has also learned the art of pulling himself up on things. Case in point, last night when my parents were here for dinner, I was geting the dessert and Landon was just crawling around, so he decided that he is going to climb up our stair (we only have one) which no one has ever shown him how to do, but he got up the stair. Then needless to say he then stood up to show how proud he was of himself. This prompted his mommy and daddy to come running as we know his standing up ability, luckily nothing bad happened because he still was holding on to the stair with one hand. Next turkey story - I put him in his exesaucer (sp) to let him play, I was on the other side of the bedroom when I heard a small commotion, come over and see that Landon has pulled himself out of the exesaucer. So I moved it up a level but no he can still do it. He has a whole technique down, he grabs the edge leans foreword then pulls. Here are some pictures, none of the super crazy tricks he's pulled but then I am more worried about him getting hurt, then getting a picture. though we did get one of the exesaucer ( I took the picture, Daddy made sure their wouldn't be any inguries)





2 comments:

Marie said...

That is crazy! I have never heard of a baby pulling himself out of an excersaucer before. I'd be freaked out. Maxwell (about the same age as your babe) is a pro at the stairs. We have 4 steps between the living room and the kitchen and he is up them in no time, BUT he cannot climb down, so I am always nervous about him falling.

Holladay Duplex said...

Ack! Why do kids do such freaky things?! The other day Gabe locked himself in our bathroom...and he fully knows how to turn the water on in the tub and loves baths. And I couldn't jimmy the lock open...oh, the panic. I called maintenance and they rushed right over as I tried to keep Gabe entertained by sticking my fingers under the door. All's well that ends well, but man. I'm ready to raise Gabe in a bubble.