My stuffing turned out fine - there was definitely room for improvement but it wasn't gross. We made it with sausage and I think it needs some apple next time to help cut the greasiness of the sausage. My problem this year was the turkey, it wouldn't cook. This is the second time we have cooked a turkey and last year it turned out great. This year I had so many problems from the start - it cost us too much (it went on sale the day after we bought it), I forgot to take the next out (it was a utility turkey, I looked for the next but nothing seemed to come out - turns out it was stuck in there good) and when we took it out at the designated time we cut it and blood came out. Which was weird because the meat thermometer said it was done. We figured it was either a problem with our oven or we didn't have it fully defrosted ( we had defrosted it for about 36 hours in a cooler of cold water). We cut off some breast meat which was the most cooked for dinner, making sure to throw it in the oven long enough to make sure it cooked enough to not get us sick. Then it took over an extra hour at a higher temp to get it fully cook. It wasn't a very good turkey after all the ins and outs of the oven.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear there was at least some of the turkey that was usable:)
Sorry about the turkey trouble. Once we were having some people over for dinner and I decided to do a roast chicken. I put the chicken directly from the freezer to the oven, and figured three hours would be enough. when the company came I put the meat theremometer in, and the middle was still frozen. Yup.
Post a Comment