Saturday, August 28, 2010

Well Guess Who Turned One

In keeping with Tradition, first birthdays are turning out pretty low key in this family. We went to the lawyers to pay the last bit of money to get our house (yes, Parker we got you a house for your birthday) and then took Parker out to eat for lunch as he loves french fries. We had planned on going to an indoor playground but it was apparent the birthday boy needed a nap. So instead we headed home for a nap and later some pizza with Grandpa (the only person around from my family - I wish more family lived around us). I feel a little lazy that I didn't make him a cake but we let him have a cupcake at Jarrett's birthday a couple weeks earlier but he wasn't super into it. When we thought about it we realized what he was super into was ice cream. He LOVES it, don't try to eat it around him without sharing. I think the Cards might be his favourite people after we went there for dinner and they gave him his OWN ice cream cone. So we got him an ice cream cake (we'll claim it as a Kutanzi tradition as they often get one for birthdays.) He loved it. Now for lots of pictures Opening pictures while we waited for Grandpa to finish tiling
His present from Landon


Yes - we wrapped his present in newspaper. We'll call that a Nelson tradition

His present from Mom and Dad
There it is - much convincing to Landon that it belonged to Parker not him


A sad story, right after this Parker grabbed the candle and burned his hand

We tried again with Dad holding him back

The spoon wasn't working for him

Happy and full of ice cream

With his grandma blanket from Grandma and Grandpa Nelson

1 comments:

Marie said...

I love those messy icecream cake pictures! I spent my morning baking Harrison's caterpillar cake for his party tomorrow, and I can't wait to see him dive in.

(in keeping with our traditions, I'm going a little crazy for birthday number 1)