Monday, August 29, 2011

Reunion - Day 5

If you are bored with reunion recaps - don't  worry this is the last day. 

Today some of us went floating down the river. This was the first time I have done this and was the only one to go from our little family and I will say it fell somewhere into the same category as Old Faithful. The part of the river we were on was extremely shallow at some points and we bottomed out more than once. The first half of the ride it was cold and we could hear thunder in the background. My niece Alia kept on saying she was scared that she would be hit by lightning and I told her it would hit Uncle Richard first as he had a fishing rod (then I ended up with the fishing rod - holding it straight up in the air). So needless to say we we kept on asking as the fisherman we passed "How much longer?" and we happy when it was done.

Today was Kambree's birthday, so we had a dinner of baked potatoes (one of her favorites) and BBQ beef. Then that evening it was the family carnival. Our family provided a mini-golf game (not exciting at all think - on carpet with a straight line to the hole). Other people had better games, there was bowling a fortune teller, a shooting game, darts, candy launcher, ring toss, horseshoes, face painting and another game that I think involved tossing a ball in a hoop.

The whole thing started off with a pinata!


 The kids won tickets at the games and well as throughout the week and traded them in for lots of loot and treats including cotton candy and nachos.
Landon's face painted

Later that night we played with sparklers and had cake for both Kambree's birthday and Jarrett's who was the next day.

0 comments: