Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Briggs Henry Kutanzi

On October 29, 2013 we welcomed our fourth child - Briggs Henry Kutanzi. His name is because I liked Briggs (and won the name debate) and Henry after my Uncle Hank who passed away around 10 years ago. 
It was my best labour yet. Started around 2 am, my mom came and we went to the hospital where I was 5cm which granted me access into my own labour room. Got an epidural right away, which while it was great took the guy two tries and I'm still sore right there but not bad. Then just hung out til I told them i need to push. I think that is why it was so great as the baby basically did everything on his own. I did have wait was a little bit for the doctor to finish another delivery but just gave the nurse time to set everything up. They broke my water and 3 minutes of pushing we had a baby. I did have some issues with low blood pressure but they gave me some medication for that. No stiching needed which is always a plus...and I didn't have the placenta problems I had with the other 3 due to something different the doctor did to get it out. I was so glad this boy came early (due Nov 8) as I was done being pregnant. He was 7 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches (our shortest kid) and born at 6 57 am. I did learn that I need to have babies after discharge asI was in another shared room as they were out of private rooms, which led to no sleep. Briggs slept all night but the other baby did not.

0 comments: