My husband is nearing the end of his schooling. This is going to be a whole new territory for us as I met Jarrett the week before he started school, so I have never not known him as an engineering student. I know think if you can survive engineering, you can survive anything, especially after this last semester. Jarrett is taking 7 classes, one of which is the design project which may of been created as some sort of torture device. We are nearing the end and as Jarrett stress level goes down, mine is going up. You see we don't have a job yet. Jarrett has applied for man ya job but says he won't hit panic mode probably until May, I probably hit panic mode last month and it just escalates every day. I'm a planner and like to have some sort of an idea what we are doing but no real decisions can be made until we know what we are doing and where we are going to be living. I'm definitely going crazy and I just had to vent this all out. This blog definitely comes handy for things like this.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh yes! Yes! If only the men in our lives know how much we worry! I felt the EXACT same thing when Dirk was in his last semester of school. January I was fine. February I realized how close it was. March I began to stress. April I had very few other thoughts. May I had chest pains.
But he got a job in the end, life continued on, and we were okay. You will be too. What kind of engineering did he do? I know they are looking for civil engineers where we are.
What kind of engineering? If he's at all interested in geotechnical engineering, and you all don't mind a lot of travel, I could very easily help him at least get a phone interview. Email me if that is something he would be interested in and I can forward you some details.
I completely understand the not knowing where you are going. It is so frustrating, especially when the end is getting near, and you have no idea where your life is going to lead you, where you are going to end up, or how you are going to get there. What kind of Engineering is he looking at getting into? I might know of a job he can apply for in Southern Alberta if that is where you want to end up possibly.
Oh, it is all so exciting still... right? My daughter is in her last year of Engineering and will still be going to school when she gets married in August.
Congratulations and enjoy the "ride!"
Lucky you guys :-). Just think...soon you will have a gainfully employed husband! No more classes! No more school! I know you have anxiety over jobs, but look at it this way: my husband won't have a "real" job for at least 3 more years! Whoopee! But I can definitely relate; he was trying to decide what grad school to go to this time last year...I had no idea if we were going to end up on the east coast, west coast, if I should buy another jacket or not...
Good luck!
Post a Comment