First off I want to thanks everyone for their wonderful comments about job leads and what I'm going through. I think that the best thing about this whole blogging world is that I can read the blogs of people who are going through the same things as me.
So a couple weeks ago Jarrett got a job with one of the companies he did a co-op with (a co-op is like an internship). It's out of town but close enough that we don't have to move from Edmonton. That's my certainty. My uncertainty is that they are selling the house we live in, so we have to move. We haven't decided if we are going to rent or buy as both seem to have huge price tags right now. We are hoping that we can get into some townhouses in our ward that have rent about $300 less than everyone else without moving to the scary part of town. It would mean we would stay in the same ward. I'm not so concerned about staying in the same ward if we buy as I feel that is more permanent, thus making the effort to start over in a new ward worth it. I would miss the ward if we move especially since I love my calling. I am the 1st councilor in the primary. On a side note if anyone has a good idea of what I can do with the kids for Mother's Day, that would be much appreciated. Our ward gives out flowers but we were going to do something separate with the kids in sharing time, I feel it should involve food.
So I thought I would share all our good news. Jarrett will be done exams on wed. and hopefully it will be done snowing, as it is April 20.
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Some certainty in sight
Posted by Alana at 4:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! for the job! That's fantastic news.
Good luck figuring out all the move stuff. It's never easy to figure out where home should be.
Congratulations, Jarrett! That is great.
Yes, a move is always stressful. I don't know where you are, but when we lived up there we lived in some Townhouses in the Knottwood ward that were super cheap. Good luck finding somewhere!
As for Mother's Day, I really don't know. I'm the primary president, and I haven't even thought about it. Sheesh. What a slacker. We are doing a couple of songs in sacrament meeting. Maybe in Sharing Time you could make some sort of 'I love you, Mom' coupon booklet. The kids could either draw a picture of, or write down coupons their mother could redeem. Like, pick up toys, hug and kiss, clear the dishes etc.
Hey, I have a blog on here now, WOOT! Did Sugardoodle have any mother's day ideas?
Post a Comment