Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Giving Some Thanks

A picture of me and my sister from when we were little - It did not want to go to the bottom



A few posts ago everything was going good and now it seems like everything is falling apart. In the last little while everything in my thing has become super stressful and a few things had to be put on hold (namely my eye surgery) due to some car repairs that cost more than expected (they couldn't be ignored, they involved brakes). Plus there have been a few other things that have been close to putting me over the edge.

I know you are all wondering why this is titled about thanks. Well today I got to talk my sister and just vent and have someone listen to me, which was just what I needed. I have 4 sisters and I love them all but me and my one sister are only 16 months apart. We have been forced to share lots of things in our lives. We shared our room until Jr High and I have worn many of her hand me downs. It was very sad for me when she move to Idaho 3 years ago but I realize that is where her and her husband need to be. I'm kinda sad I won't get to see her until Christmas (but I'll get to see her new baby then too!) I'm just thankful to have sisters in my life especially since that are all older and can give me plenty of advice.

4 comments:

Nikki said...

Alana, I'm sorry things are so rough right now. I'm here if you ever want to talk. We can take the boys to the park or something like that.

Marie said...

Rebecca is wonderful, that is for sure.

I've had those, "Thank goodness I have a big sister to talk to" moments too.

I hope things perk up for you soon, and I love your new blog look. Very fun.

Rebecca said...

Hey, who said you could put my picture on your blog? Oh well. I'm glad I could help. Love you too!

The Whiddens said...

Aw, that is the cutest pic of you and Rebecca! I love it.
I'm sorry about your surgery. I hope things start coming together for you soon :)