I'm surprised I haven't thrown my phone out the window. We currently have the world's worst broadband phone (through the Internet) and have had it for three years. I hate this phone it often goes down and half the time you can only hear half the conversation. It is affected by everything on our computer - to have a half decent chance at a conversation, you have to basically log off of everything on the computer. My worst stories with this phone involve Rebecca, my sister. When the phone goes down it goes to another line - We did not know this until approx 1 1/2 years of using the phone. My husband wasn't the one the one who set up the phone in the first place, so he never picked the number it went to. It turns out that it went to his old roommates old cell phone number which currently belonged to a complete stranger. So Rebecca tried to call me and instead got a very cranky man who did not say nice things to her (what ever happened to politeness). She then called me on my cell phone to make sure I was okay, as she had checked what she had called and had indeed called my number and had instead got the cranky man. Then yesterday I was calling Rebecca to find out what she named her baby and all those details as she only stated in her message that she had it, but it kept on telling me the circuits were busy - for 2 hours. Then the crappy part was that it turns out the phone would ring on Rebecca's end and no one would be there. So poor Rebecca probably couldn't sleep because I kept on calling. She said she just assumed it was me and my dumb phone. It make me wonder how many phone things get blamed on " it was just Alana trying to call". But the great news is that I have finally convinced Jarrett to switch. He's always be leery about switching as our phone is cheap when it comes to the fact it has unlimited long distance and I talk on the phone a lot on long distance as I don't live near any of my sisters. So in one week I will get a shaw phone ( they just came out with a new one that's price rivals what we have now but we have to pay per minute long distance).
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I don't know if you guys saw this, but Shaw also does unlimited anytime long distance to Canada and in land US for $65 a month, or $55 a month if you have other services with them. That's what we use. That price also includes your phone line and calling features.
Our phone was doing that the other day too. Super annoying!!
A good phone is so good! We use shaw and have never had a problem, so I hope you will have a similar experience.
Horay for baby Harrison! What is funny, is that if this baby is a boy, our name is Harrison too! I laughed so hard when I found out Rebecca and Glenn use it.
I bet it will be nice to use a phone that works!!
Post a Comment