Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Saturday Six

1. Last night I had one of the scariest experiences of my life. I was watching t.v. when all the sudden someone banged on our sliding glass door (same door that our BBQ that was stolen was by). Well my reaction was to run upstairs and wake Jarrett up, as we don't have any friends who randomly show up at our sliding door, ours are more of the politely ringing the doorbell or a nice knock variety. So Jarrett and I went in the back bedroom to see if we could see anything and we couldn't until a man started to walk away. We didn't really recognize him and then a couple of seconds later, there was banging on our front door. For some reason ( I was not thinking clearly) I went and opened the door, I haven't really gotten into the habit of using the peephole, as this is the first house I've ever lived in with one. So when I open the door this random (kinda scary looking) man walks right into my house, then looks up and says this is the wrong house. Here I am scared out of my mind and thinking normal people wait to be invited in or least some sort of greeting to be exchanged. He left and I quickly locked the door, Jarrett came down (he was putting on a shirt) and asked why I didn't wait for him -because I'm crazy. Needless to say I had hard time sleeping last night.

2. We had our Enrichment Party on Wed. and it turned out great. It was a good mix of spiritual and fun things. Our theme was about our 'purse'onality and I was the only one who forgot their purse. We played a scavenger hunt and had a game where people had to be the first to find something in their purses. We also had people talk about different times in their life that Relief Society helped them which were represented by different purses. It was a great night especially because of all the hard work Kari and Amber did.

3. Our Grand Am broke a couple weeks ago and we decided that we were starting to hit the point where the cost of repairs were greater than the value of the car (I was scared of hitting Taurus territory - the car we drove in high school that broke down a lot). So we went on a search for a new car and after a few roadblocks, we are suppose to go pick up our new car today.

4. I've realized how much of a food rut we've hit at our house. Since becoming pregnant very few foods appeal to me and we are definitely eating the same thing over and over. Though a funny food story - last weekend we went to Dairy Queen for dinner before we went grocery shopping and Jarrett ordered us 2 cheeseburgers and neither of them came with cheese. I thought it was kinda weird, who doesn't put cheese on a cheeseburger.

5. Landon is going through some crazy super sensitive phase right now. He has always kinda freaked out when other kids scream but this week he's started doing it when kids laugh. It's starting to drive me nuts.

6. We put Landon to bed Wednesday night and on Thursday he woke up with this. I don't know what he did to his finger.

4 comments:

The Gibb Family said...

I saw that little thing on Landon's finger - interesting. I love those little mystery scrapes and bruises that little boys have!
Yeah - you should definitely NOT answer the door before peeking! Yikes! There are WAY too many creepy people around here!
What kind of car did you guys end up with?

Ambs said...

What kind of new car did you guys end up with??
Oh, Aaron says he's sorry for banging on your doors the other night. He thought he was at our house? haha... that is CRAZY!!

Nikki said...

What did the guy look like? We actually had someone walk INTO our house on Saturday while my brother was over. I usually leave it unlocked while Kyle's here, it was super creepy.

Marie said...

Ahh, the mystery bruise. My kids are never free of at least one.

That is a scarey story! When we lived in our little appartment when we were married, it was late, we were on the couch watching tv, and some drunk guy opens our front door, (I since keep doors locked whether I am home or not)walks right in, looks around, sees us, and says, "Wo, man. Wrong place" and walks out. Yikes.