Wednesday, November 24, 2010

We got to Pretend We Were Newlyweds

AKA a trip without kids

We've been talking in a wishful way for awhile about going on a trip without kids but never did anything about it. Then Jarrett didn't stop working at Fort Mac when he was suppose to and we decided we deserved it (and could afford it). Jarrett found us a good deal to Honolulu, Hawaii. We had a great time - it was nice to just be the two of us. We do travel like old people as we rarely stayed up past 9 pm as we we didn't feel like adjusting to Hawaii time (thus having to adjust back when we got home). Don't feel bad about our kids not getting to go, they were thoroughly spoiled by Grandparents in Lethbridge.

Let's note for all pictures that I am 19 weeks pregnant It was by accident that we found out our travel package included a lei greeting

We were able to go through the Laie Hawaii Temple open house - it is a beautiful temple inside and out


At Diamond Head - no pics of me and my bright red face. I am out of shape and was mocked by my husband



We went to the Reef Hawaiian Pro (on the North Shore - it's a surfing competition) and when we were walking there and older couple told us to check out this beach that had 4 giant sea turtles just sitting there.

This is from our Dolphin cruise -Jarrett loved it and I learned I should not eat lunch on a boat
We definitely had a very touristy trip, other places we visited were
-Pearl Harbour
- Polynesian Cultural Center
-Hanging out at the beach
It was great to get away as a couple and were thankful for my in-laws being willing to watch our kids

1 comments:

Dixie said...

Wow! I'm totally jealous! Some day.....

P.S. The sea turtle looked pretty cool.