Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Well I Tried

As Christmas season approaches we have been trying to explain the true meaning of Christmas to Landon, well it hasn't been going exactly how I planned. At first I was trying to explain to Landon that we were going to buy a toy for another child (Santa's Anonymous) whose Mommy and Daddy didn't have money to buy a present. He then informed me that daddy has money and mommy does not. After a talk about his parents having money to buy Christmas presents, we went on to the next topic- gifts he could give Jesus. I started by telling him that Jesus did not need toys (the first thing that comes to his mind for a present). His first idea was a sword, which I told him Jesus didn't need. I tried to make the suggestion that his gift could be being nice to his brother. He informed me that wasn't a good gift, how about pajamas. When I told him that Jesus didn't need pajamas, he told me that he does - he needs them to sleep in and wanted to know what Jesus slept in if he didn't need pajamas. At this point I kinda gave up on the topic.

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh Landon, thank you so much for the laugh:) He's such a funny little guy. Caleb still doesn't get this stuff either. I figure maybe next year it might be a bit easier.

Dixie said...

Hilarious!! But don't give - you've got the right idea. Maybe next year.