Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Landon is 4

So this year I decided to test the waters of throwing a party. Still up in the air on if this will be a regular occurrence. Currently thinking we will alternate years with friends party and special activity (eg. going to movies or West Ed Waterpark). It's not the party turned out bad, I'm just not sure I want to do it every year. For Landon's party we had a snowman theme which I basically stole the whole party idea from Marie, as she is the Queen of kids parties.

This is Landon's cake - I am proud of it. I made it by baking the cake in my glass bowls.

Blowing out his candles


We pinned the nose on the snowman. The snowman was created by Jarrett, he has some perfectionist tendencies.

Our snowman pinata. We made the pinata together and then I decorated it, I do not share in the perfectionist tendencies.
We also played a game where the kids found their snowflake match - this turned out to be the favourite game by far.

His cake from his real Birthday. We went out the Red Robin's with Grandma and Grandpa and then had ice cream cake. I think Landon's favourite part was that Grandma played Chutes and Ladders with him.

This is a fuzzy picture of Landon with his cape from Grandma. The other choice of picture involved no pants.
Landon's gift from us was getting to go Build-a-Bear. He got to make a monkey named George (real original I know but I once named a stuffed animal by it's brand name)
Four things about Landon
1. He's getting really helpful and goes to get things when asked
2. He loves going to school
3. He loves treats but his goal for the year is to try more vegetables. He is doing better but still asks if things are vegetables or fruits
4. He has a great imagination
So we have a four year old now - though he is deciding to stick to one of my sister's philosophy that the even years are the hardest

6 comments:

Nikki said...

Looks like he had lots of fun. My mum took Caleb to Build-A-Bear for his fourth birthday as well, and Caleb loved it.

bknmkalhyland said...

Looks like a fun party! Luke has a build a bear bear named George. He got the name from Grandma calling him George. I'm not George, I'm Luke!

Sheri said...

So fun! I love the cake and all of your fun party plans.

Corrine said...

sweet party! love the pinata

Corrine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marie said...

Heehee! Loved the party.

I thought using bowls to make a domed shape for each section of the snowman cake was awesome!