Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Valentine's Day

Here's the thing I wasn't planning on blogging about Valentine's Day as I had only taken one picture but then I remembered Jarrett's craft. We pick names with my family that live here in Edmonton (plus some of Richard's friends) and you are suppose to make something as part of your valentine, most people go for a card but Jarrett had Richard's friend Shaun and was not thinking of something to write. I had seen an idea on a blog and Jarrett took then idea and applied his perfectionist engineering ways.

He created a paper template, before he cut out the pieces he needed out of cardboard.
His finished project - a bouquet of beef jerky. The only help I gave involved taping beef jerky to sticks and tying ribbon. Jarrett made the planter all by himself.

He also made one for Landon to give to Richard


My one Valentine picture - a heart shaped pancake. We celebrated by having pizza and strawberry daiquiris for dinner.


Landon then spent the next week proclaiming his love for Richard's friend Kelti, as she gave him a bag of sour worms

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Love it......the perfect manly bouquet!

Marie said...

A Beef Jerky bouquet? HAHAHAHAHA!