Wednesday, February 1, 2012

His Birthday isn't for Over a Week but We Already had a Party

So Landon never wavered on his party theme. It was always Angry Birds, luckily this is popular and pinterest provided many ideas. It was all centred around the blue angry bird as that one is Landon's favorite. 

Our pinata was a little sad as we used a  punch balloon because is was rounder than a normal balloon but unfortunately it lost air during the night making it quite wrinkly. Jarrett came to the rescue and covered it with streamers. I also know it would of made more since if the pinata was a pig but I couldn't convince Landon.
 I will fully admit that I am pretty darn proud of his cake. I tried to figure out how to do the figures and was going to do cake balls and then saw a recipe for marshmallow fondant. Turns out the stuff is super easy to make and work with. I put some mint flavor in it and it totally brought down the sweetness. But I will say that there is a lot of dye in that red bird.





 A pinterest find was how I based the treat bags on. I couldn't find any blue bags, so Landon had to settle for red.
 We put a punch balloon inside and this bag of m&m's. With the poem from this site -http://kimskandykreations.blogspot.com/2012/01/angry-bird-poop-printable.html. It says:
You've stolen our eggs
To that level you'll stoop
So be very careful or next
We'll throw some Angry Bird Poop!

 We played pin the angry bird on the pig. The detailed picture is thanks to Jarrett.
 We then played a real version of Angry Birds. We collected all our boxes for awhile and Grandma Nelson made the bean bags. This game was a hit as what boys don't like to knock things down.



 Blowing out the candles on his cake - You can't tell in the pictures but the candles are burning different colors (we got the idea from your post Marie!)


 We were actually impressed with how long the pinata lasted as each kid got at least 3 turns before Jarrett went at it.


 Opening presents - we had the right amount of guests, 2 boys from church and 1 family friend plus our two boys. It is nice that there are only two other boys Landon's age at church, so we didn't have to worry about leaving people out or having a huge party.
We also played a matching game that we don't have any pictures of.

It was a great party, who knows if we'll do a friend one next year as he has a friend party the last two years. know he looking forward to his real birthday with his grandparents.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

I'll be using some of these ideas for Ty's Angry Birds party in October. Pinterest is a huge help in planning for this theme, hey?

Sheri said...

AWESOME party!!! I seriously hope i get a chance to steal some of those ideas down the road.
Aren't those candles fun? We had then for my birthday and the kids loved them.

Chelsea Belle said...

how totally fun!!! great work Alana.
Yo uhave every right to be impressed ith the cake, it was stinkin awesome.
My friend made us some angry birds...I love the idea of knocking down cereal boxes...hmm FHE?

Scott and Tara said...

That is amazing! Great party and cake!

Marie said...

yay! What a great party! Your cake was so great. The pigs were especially well done.

Carter wants an Angry Birds party in September. Guess which post I'll be looping back to in a couple of months.