So I had this great plan for Landon's birthday of us going to West Edmonton Mall and taking him on the kiddie rides. I have actually had this plan for quite some time and thought it was great, then the friday before Landon's birthday Jarrett's design group decides that they have to meet on saturday. Believe me, I was not impressed. But I couldn't really blame Jarrett as he really didn't want to go to school on a saturday. So Landon didn't get the whole day celebration we had planned due to Jarrett having to go to school in the afternoon and us all going to the Adult training broadcast in the morning (what was that really called, I'm not sure). I did tell Jarrett that if any of his birthdays weren't going to work out the way I planned it's better it happens in the early years, when he has no expectations.
We did have a small party with him in the evening with just my parents over. We had pizza and cupcakes. My Dad was impressed with Landon's abilty to eat a whole piece of pizza. We bought Landon a shirt, a stuffed dog and a sippy cup for his presents. I'm not sure how he feels about the dog, he always laughs at it but never really wants to touch it. My mom knitted him a super cute sweater and bought him a hoodie ( a must where we live as few months -maybe even days- here don't require a coat. I made Landon fish cupcakes which I thought turned out good - thank you family fun website. I even stuffed them with this good berry cream cheese mixture. I thought his party turned out pretty good
9 comments:
Happy birthday, Landon!
The cupcake cake is absolutely adorable. Good job!
Too cute! Love the cupcakes. Hope he had a great time and didn't leave too much of a mess for cleanup.
So sweet Alana. What a sweet family. I just want to give you notice that your WONDERFUL and most appreciated LOVE swap gift arrived today.
Just in time for Valentine's Day. I love it all. I will post about it tomorrow on my Valentine's Day post.
Take care and stay warm : )
Alana, read my blog...
http://www.becausemomsaidso.blogspot.com
I thought you might like to see how appreciated you are! : )
You did a great job on those cupcakes! They are really cute. What are the fish made from?
Sorry you didn't get to do the whole day you planned. Blast those husbands with educational requirments!
Adorable cupcakes! Gabe's first birthday cake didn't turn out nearly as well. I've really got to brush up on my cake decorating skills.
He is so cute! My name is Melissa, and I am your LOVE swap partner...your gift is late, and I am sooo sorry. We have been hit hard by the flu and the packaged got mailed late, and of course, it will take longer to get to you since you are in Canada. I just wanted to re-assure you that it is on it's way. We have 4 people in the house with the flu, so I just didn't get it off when I wanted to. I am so sorry! Hope you like your gift when it arrives!
Hey Alana!
Your blog is so cute - I can't believe Landon is one already! What a studly little man :)
Julie
Yes, Rebecca emailed me the big news. I've tried calling to chat, but those people are never home!
Post a Comment