Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My Birthday

This last week I celebrated my Birthday, it was a definite family affair, I spent my actual birthday with my mom who treated me great and let my indulge in my favorite activity of taking a bath with a book (a magazine in this case) in her wonderful jetted tub. As I currently do not have a tub for my use this seemed like a total luxury. Jarrett went golfing on my actual birthday (I told him I could - my friend wasn't going to let her husband go with him as she didn't want to encourage the skipping of the birthday but her husband reassured her that Jarrett had a plan and was celebrating my birthday on the Saturday when it could be a whole day affair)














I started my birthday celebrations by Jarrett making me breakfast and then I got to go for a massage. Even better was that Jarrett cleaned the house while I was out. Then we spent the rest of the day shopping. We bought me a new bike for my birthday as well as some flip flops. We also got a new vacuum which we needed as our old one smells like puke when your use it and doesn't really pick up anything, so you really don't get the feeling of clean. The bike was Jarrett's idea as he wants us to start biking as a family to get in better shape. We just picked up a bike trailer at Costco for Landon to ride in. Unfortunately we haven't had a chance to try them as the weather hasn't cooperated since we got the trailer. But my birthday was wonderful and it proved just how great of a husband I have.


I think this picture proves I'm becoming a better blogger as I wanted Jarrett to take a picture of me vacuuming with my new vacuum, so I could put it up here.

Other than that my life is going pretty good, still stressed about all the decisions that still need to be made for us but I don't have much control over those things.

5 comments:

kari said...

Looks like you had a fun birthday! And sounds like Jarrett did a good job spoiling you! What a great husband!

Marie said...

Yes, you know you are a blogger when you take pictures JUST to blog them.

Last summer we had a mouse in our house. When we got it outside, I took a picture of it, just so I could blog about it. Yes, I photographed vermin.

A new vacuum is a great birthday gift. I want one!

Glad you had a fun day. Happy Belated Birthday!

JWalburger said...

Glad to see you had a great birthday. I really enjoy our bike trailer/stroller. I took it out in the rain yesterday while we were walking to check the mail. I have to say that I am kind of jeleous of your new vacuum. And with the decisions, I know what you mean. IN time, it will all work out and be worth the trial of your patience.

Nikki said...

Glad to see you had a good birthday! Your old vacuum smelled like puke? EWW! Good thing you got a new one then:) Miss you lots! See you on Sunday! Hey, you should leave a comment on my blog when you get a chance:)

Sharon said...

get in shape???? I didn't think it was possible for a Kutanzi to be anything but skinny minny!!! Happy birthday to you anyway...glad that you had an enjoyable one.


p.s. In case you're creeped out, Jarrett does know me from school - just wander over from either Crystal's or Marie's blog from time to time...Jarrett absolutely deserved a fantabulous wife - so happy he found you!