Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sister's Weekend

We had our first ever Sister's weekend! We were all able to come - 5 original Nelson girls, 2 Sister-in-laws and my mom. NO KIDS! Is it bad to say that I didn't miss my kids, I missed Jarrett (a wonderful guy who drove home from Boise with 2 kids by himself) but not really my kids, it was only a couple days and I knew they were with their Dad. I love my kids but I am always with them.

The funniest part of the weekend was Heather (who planned it) admitting that she thought there would be more sleeping. That was definitely in short supply as the earliest I went to bed was 2 am (for a 7 30am wake up to get to Heather's 8 20am church). The worst was going to bed after 3 am to be up at 5 am, to be at the airport by 5 30 am.

We had fun shopping, talking, eating and crafting. I was impressed as I had one goal in shopping and I accomplished it in the first store (bought a dress to wear to my sister-in-law's wedding)

Our Crafts - that everyone finished. Quite an accomplishment as most of us would not describe ourselves as crafty, even though my mom had some issues with a brush that had white paint on it instead of mod podge. Plus we made necklaces ( which I don't have a picture of)


Look a` picture of me! I had put this cricut last November and it came in quite handy for our craft

L to R Michelle, Karalee, Heather, Sarah



How we were greeted -the bags were filled with goodies and our itinerary plus a warning that my sisters dog may eat your underwear
It was great plus I survived flying home by myself (first time I ever flew by myself)




2 comments:

Nikki said...

That sounds like so much fun:) I love the blocks you did.

Michelle said...

You didn't include that your underwear got eaten.