Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Little Awkward

Since we moved across the city we are switching hospitals that we are delivering at which also causes us to have to switch Obstetricians. I was kinda fine with this as my last doctor was always a minimum 3 hours behind on a good day and always had crazy waits. So this week was the first time with the new guy and I got have a normal experience as I was in and out in less that 1 1/2 and lots of that was due to the fact it was a first appointment plus he had a student, so I basically had my appointment twice. So now on to the awkward part - I knew his student as in I went to high school with her. She was the one I got to answer all my medical history questions with. All i know is I was glad there really was no examining of a "personal" nature happening in this appointment. I fine with Doctor's having to do this, don't care if they are male or female but I kinda like this to be the only situation I know them. Like I could never go to a Doctor that I knew in any other part of my life (same goes for massage therapists - I once had a girl I knew from church and the whole time I kept of thinking this is strange). Is this weird of me? Is it bad that I'm sure that his student (the girl I know from high school) will be gone by my next appointment? Not knocking her as a doctor, she was good.

5 comments:

Nikki said...

No, I totally understand why it's awkward and you're relieved that you won't have her there next time. When I was in labour with Laur and they were shipping me to Lloyd by ambulance my workers were a guy I graduated with in the back with me and the father of a guy I graduated with driving. I was SO glad that I didn't need anything looked at on the way there.

Corrine said...

Very awkward

Michelle said...

Did she recognize you or did you have to pretend that you had no idea who she was

Marie said...

Yes! I am soooo with you! I want my doctor to JUST be my doctor! Not someone that I know in any other sphere. I just don't think I could handle that.

Allison said...

It scares me to think that people we went to high school with could become doctors... LOL