Monday, November 7, 2011

Here's to this Week Being Better

So I always base my week on how crappy it is by the number of actual phone calls to Jarrett (outside his lunch hour). I usually don't call Jarrett at work, if I need to tell him something it is by e-mail which he can read and respond to on his breaks. But last week I called Jarrett 5 times - 3 of which were in the same day. Let's do a little recap. Monday was Halloween and I was in charge of bringing a treat to Landon's preschool. We made Jello worms and mini cupcakes that looked like eyes. The cupcakes weren't too bad except they for some reason were super crumbly but I got enough decorated presentably. The worms on the other hand took some effort as I had to squeeze them out of straws. So the first round of squeezing them out Parker managed to dump a box of lucky charms all over the floor and a can of red sugar sprinkles into the toaster. (first call to Jarrett) I cleaned up that mess and decided to take a little break from the project. So later I realized I needed to get on it, if I was going to get this done in time for the party. I was almost done when Landon comes downstairs with one of our ipods and tells me it won't turn on because Parker sprayed it. Turns out Parker had sprayed it with Windex (as well as the floor and the TV), so I get that mess cleaned up. The Ipod is now toast after being put in rice, we think Landon tried to turn it on when it was wet lead to the demise. Enter call number 2 to Jarrett. So we take Landon to school (with unbrushed hair and teeth on my part and Ashlyn in her PJs) and then pick up McDonald's for lunch because it has a drive-thru and I haven't eaten. Doesn't really teach any lessons as Parker has been a turkey and we are getting McDonald's. So we go home put Ashlyn down for a nap and I watch TV with Parker as I'm noticing that he really shouldn't be left alone today. We then get the younger kids costumes on and go get Landon. Then we head over to Grandma's to show off costumes, then Landon there to play some games with Grandma while I run a couple errands. Then of course Parker falls asleep on the way home and screams for awhile (enter call #3 - "just tell me you are on your way home" as he was getting into his car). Sent a project off to the printer, next day realized I made a huge mistake. Rest of the night went okay but have pretty much zero pictures to show for Halloween.

Tuesday just involved the stickiness and mess involved with letting kids go nuts on Halloween candy. Tuesday night Parker throws up in bed - Jarrett leaves throw up in bed as he said "well Parker fell back asleep". So I am greeted in the morning (wed) with throw up all over Parker, his blankets and stuffed animals. So I start some laundry. Then turn on a show for the boys and lay back in bed as I'm super tired and Ashlyn is still sleeping. Landon comes to tell me that Parker has got into my make-up but he took it away and shows me a make-up brush. So I assume that Parker was just playing with my make-up brushes. I assumed wrong as I go out to my bonus room and discover mascara everywhere - couch, TV, floor and bathroom tiles. (enter call #4). Now have the knowledge of getting mascara out of 4 surfaces - each take different method. Takes awhile to get this cleaned up but finally do. Make appointment for massage of Friday.

Thursday probably our most low key boring day, do spend the evening steam cleaning the rest of the remnants of mascara and cleaner out of the carpet and couch. As well as the puke I found I found under the boys bed.

Friday deal with getting two grumpy kids out the door for a music class only to realize we were there 1/2 hour early. hang out in our car - kids fight at class because we only have one musical instrument. Head to Old Navy for 30% off sale to get Ashlyn a coat that fits her (for some reason I bought her a 12-18 month coat last year and she is 6 months right now. Run into a lady for my home ward who I would describe as "well-put together", while she says hello, I look over to see Parker peeing his pants. So I put a diaper on Parker and spend the rest of the Old Navy trip pants less (luckily have extra pants in the car). Lost Landon when he goes to the bathroom in the boys and I go in the girls, he explains he went to the boys because eh is a boy.  Call #5 to Jarrett.Finish shopping and decide I am super crazy and continue to do my next errand way out in St. Albert to redeem a groupon. Get lost, deal with a sales associate who spends 10 mins on a personal call when I want to ask her a question. Find out they don't carry the product I thought they did (due to it being part of a furniture collage on their website.) Realize I will have to spend a min extra $250 to buy anything from the store, leave annoyed. Go to McDonald's again as it now 2 pm and I haven't fed my kids.

Saturday pretty boring outside of Parker peeing his pants lots and discovering our toilet leaks (but Jarrett fixed it). Then Saturday night Landon throws up and Jarrett starts to feel sick. Sunday only I attend sacrament. Landon has same thing as Parker throw up once but seem no worse for the wear the next day. Plus Parker conveniently squirted baby oil all over the bathroom.

Some positives from the week
- actually didn't mind Halloween this year (if you knew me, you would understand that comment)
- Rebecca is good a googling stain removal
- Landon really appreciated his Halloween treat I made for his class
- Groupon has great costumer service (I wrote a complaint and they credited me back the purchase price in groupon bucks)
- the Old Navy lady is nice, when I hand her a blank piece of paper thinking it is my 30% coupon, she still gives me 30% off
- We now have FHE activity of redressing up, so we can take pictures
- really that ipod lasted us 3 years, there are adults who can't even keep an ipod that long
- I now have a really clean toaster
- We got our Family pics back
- our bathroom smells pretty decent since baby oil is a good smell

6 comments:

Sheri said...

And some how during all of that you managed to be so sweet and let me borrow your Cricut!
Sometimes I swear it is good to document those weeks so you can look back on it next year and see how much the kids have grown.
I hope this week shapes up to be less eventful.

Nikki said...

I was wondering how Halloween was for you this year. Sounds like you had quite the interesting week. I think Ty and Parker might have shared ideas with each other before coming to earth, they sound like two peas in a pod. Hope this week is less eventful for you.

Dixie said...

Oh, Alana, what a week you've had! and what a trooper you are!

Chelsea Belle said...

Your self-control is to be commended! I bug Ben all the time at work, sometimes I just call when all the kids are screaming, and hang up, just so he gets a little taste of home.

Marie said...

Reading the excitement that goes on in the lives of other young mommies is good therapy. It assures the rest of us that we are normal and that this is the way it is everywhere.

That being said, it was hilarious to read this. Only because it wasn't in my own house.

Allison said...

I really appreciate blog posts like these, they make me feel so much better about my crazy kids. The worst I've had to deal with this week is black dry erase marker on white kitchen cupboards. I'm actually kind of glad that we're just renting right now, if I were paying a mortgage on this place I would be way more furious at my kids when these things happen. I'm just impressed yours are still alive after that week from heck! Good job!