Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Cold, Cold North

Yesterday I decided to venture out. It was freezing. Then Jarrett told me that it was actually warmer than it had been. Yep, here I am stuck in another Canadian deep freeze. I feel like I would be a bad parent if I took Landon out too much in -40 windchills, the only reason we ventured out was for milk. So the excitement in our house has been kept to a minimum as we are just trying to stay warm. Living in a basement suite does not lead to a warm environment. Our Laundry actually frooze while sitting in the dryer because it didn't dry completly. We have spent the week moving our portable heater from one room to the next to keep warm. Jarrett currently thinks I'm a great wife because when I woke up at 5 to go the bathroom, I moved the heater in there so that he wouldn't freeze when he was showering ( we have no heating duct in our bathroom or laundry room) Well here's to hoping that the groundhog does the right thing and I can feel warm again.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Your laundry froze? That is completely and utterly crazy.

JWalburger said...

That is nuts about the frozen laundry!

ZogLady said...

Oh my goosdness, I COMPLELTELY understand! *L*

I too live in the Candaian cold... And dread it every year, yet (for some unknown reason) we haven't packed up the family and mobed to Hawaii like we threaten to every year! *L*

As well, all of our rooms are in the basement of the extremly old house we live in, so I understand that as well... It seems as though you just can't bundle up enough and no matter what you do, you can't stop the drafts coming from under the doors and windows!

From one frozzen Canadian to another I wish you the best for the rest of this crazy winter weather!