Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A New Love

After driving for 14 hours which included a 7 15 am departure, a grumpy stop in Great Falls, a hour long wait at the Canadian border, a 2 year old opening the car door on the highway outside of milk river, a 1/2 hour of screaming from a tired boy, the tail end of Calgary rush hour, Wendy's at dinner hour and returning to a house that has been closed up in 30 degree weather - we decided we needed to do something the next day.

So we went to the Taste of Edmonton. I wouldn't say it was the best year we've gone and in continuing in our tradition we ended up with one gross thing. The 32 degree temp. (thank goodness for the city hall fountains that you are allowed to wade in) made us crave things like the sno cone with fruit and cream but I did have to try one thing I saw on the menu-

Deep Fried Mars Bars



and they did not disappoint ( I ended up getting two servings)

We had tried to make these before and they did not work but these were so good. I want to try to make them again with a different batter and they cut theirs into smaller pieces.

2 comments:

Ambs said...

oh my! That looks delicious!!

Was the long road trip worth it though? I hope you guys had fun!

Amb

Sheri said...

I love the way you summed up your road trip.........it brought back so many memories from our trip! (It was so bad I couldn't even blog about it!)
I too got sucked into the sno cone dessert.......mmmmmm!