So I used to be more more of a people pleaser, now it turns out I'm a little more on the bitter side.
So last night we went out to dinner because I burnt our dinner to an inedible crisp. We went to a restaurant we have done to before - good food, normal service and kid friendly. We get there and put our names on the list and they tell us approx. 15 min. So we wait along time over 30 min. We notice groups of the same quantity that came in after us, go in before us. The most suspicious was the group that came in after us was friends with the hostess and they went in before us. So I go to scope out the restaurant and see many empty tables (the wait is due to lack of servers not tables), so we should have been sat already. I ask (while the manger is there) why we haven't been sat. Hostess tells us she already sat us... "umm, no you didn't.". Says Jarrett's name has been called, we know it hasn't. We finally get sat with our super hungry kids and I complain to the manager. He tries to get to the bottom of it, comes and tells us that another group took our name and spot. Informs us the hostess feels bad and is crying, comps our kids meals. We aren't sure what really happened but what would have you done in this situation.
I really don't know what happened in the situation. But I do know I would rather people admit they did something wrong (there seemed to be a lot of backpedaling in the story, for all we know our name just got accidentally highlighted and okay if you just admit that). Well on the bright side Jarrett seems to be becoming as bitter as me.
Thursday, January 26, 2012
How Burning My Dinner Led to Me Making A Girl Cry
Posted by Alana at 11:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'd be pretty annoyed as well and would say something, especially with hungry young kids.
I can be a lot more patient when I don't have fussy, grumpy children who just need their supper. I totally would have said something too.
It isn't being bitter, it is being assertive. Right?
(PS: CUTE picture of Ashlyn in the last post!)
Post a Comment