Wednesday, April 29, 2009

4 Years


So today marks our 4th wedding anniversary. Since we have benn married we have lived in two different places, had one child and one on the way, Jarrett finished school, gone on trips together and just had a great time together.


I definitely love this guy. My mom questioned me on why I wanted to marry Jarrett before we got engaged (not that she didn't think we should get married) and my reply was that I felt like I could be myself when I was with him. Sometimes that self is a little nerdy and dorky but he still loves me. He's a great Dad and it is no secret Landon would pick Jarrett over me.

I stole this little quiz from Facebook but it seemed fitting for the Day

This is kind of like the 25 things - except there are pre-decided questions and it's about you and your spouse

♥ What are your middle names?
Me-Janae Him-Steven

♥ How long have you been together?
Married 4 years we dated about 1 1/2 years before that so 5 1/2 total

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Around a month

♥ Who asked who out?
He asked me to Bishop's Ball and anyone who knows him would know it was a big feat as he called my family whom he didn't know and asked if he could come over

♥ How old are each of you?
me: 24
him: 27

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?
I don't know siblings probably mine as they come to Edmonton more often

♥ Do you have any children together?
Yes - 1 and 1 on the way

♥ What about pets?
We had a fish but he died. I doubt we will ever go beyond fish

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Communication both of us tend to bottle up feelings

♥ Did you go to the same school?
No we never have

♥ Are you from the same home town?
No I'm from Sherwood Park and he claims Lethbridge as his home

♥ Who is the smartest?
Jarrett

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
Definitely me

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Probably Boston Pizza

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple
Mexico

♥ Who has the worst temper?
once again me

♥ Who does the cooking?
I usually do on a regular basis but don't let that fool you - he knows how to cook

♥ Who is more social?
I am, I guess

♥Who is the neat freak?
Jarrett for sure

♥ Who is the more stubborn?
I think we may have tie, we are just stubborn about different things

♥ Who hogs the bed?
I would say me right now. It's hard to get comfortable when you are pregnant

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Him - we have a child who kinda sleeps in

♥ Where was your first date?
Earl's, then his house, then Bishop's Ball

♥ Who has the bigger family?
I do - 8 kids compared to 6 in his family

♥ Do you get flowers often?
No but he does bring me home chocolate bars which are much more appreciated

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
Usually with my parents as we live in the same town but we are starting to get our own family traditions

♥ Who is more jealous?
If we are going to have to pick anyone I'd say me

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
define serious- engaged 1 1/2 years. But I think we were probably serious after a month or so

♥ Who eats more?
Jarrett

♥ Who does/ did the laundry?
That would be me but he will change loads if asked

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
He is. I am known to make it mad

♥ Who drives when you are together?
He does I hate driving with him in the car


4 comments:

Marie said...

How cute! You've been married that long? Happy Anniversary.

The Gibb Family said...

Congrats on 4 years! It goes by so fast! You two are a really great couple - and you are such good examples to me of the things that me and Matt should be doing in our marriage. Hope you have many many more fantastic years together!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary!! Nice post.

Heather said...

Congratulations!