The Good
They started to dig our hole. I'm really starting to believe that Edmonton might be the slowest place to build a house. But according to what the first told us the house should be done in about 5 months. I hoping for August. We've been starting to look into fun stuff like blinds, entertainment centers and we even bought a couch. I'm just excited to decorate because for the first time it feels like I am moving somewhere permanent and can make my own.
Landon is just funny to listen to. Yesterday he was going around the house yelling "Douglas, where are you?" - Douglas is my dad. He also often refers to Jarrett, not daddy but Jarrett. He had his 3 year check up and is 39 inches and 31 lbs.
Parker is now 6 months and weighs 15 lbs 10 oz and I really can't remember his height. But all in all he is good except his giant bonk on his head where he pulled the computer speaker on himself. I know I suck. The cord has been fixed so Parker can not get it anymore.
Naps - oh! sweet glorious naps! Parker is finally having some what of a nap schedule which basically means he will have them and they will be in his bed. Landon hasn't had them for a long time but he understands a little better the concept of quiet time.
The Bad
I formatted my camera. Do you remember what that does Rebecca? Yea, I lost some pictures but luckily not a ton as I had just downloaded pictures to the computer. I did lose the pictures of Landon making himself into a monster. This was when we thought he was asleep and instead was in the bathroom playing with my mascara. Did I mention he figured out child locks? He also went in the bathroom another night and rubbed deodorant all over himself. He obviously thought he had a sweating problem. On the plus side whenever I smelt him I was reminded of Jarrett, as that is whose deodorant he used.
We are now faced with the task of trying to keep Landon in his room every night. We have found something that works - we take way his bear. Yep, we're real nice parents, if he leaves his room (after a warning or two - we aren't that mean) we get to take his bear for the night. This has actually worked pretty good, the bear has only been taken twice. He usually stays in after that as the next thing to go is his duck blanket and so far the temptation of the outside of his room hasn't won out over his love for his blanket.
I've been really missing my old ward lately. We had some really good friends and I miss not seeing them on a weekly basis. On that note I really have liked our new ward and am a little sad that it is only a temporary thing. I really have been liking my calling of teaching the 6/7 year old primary kids. A lot has to do with this wards philosophy of two teachers per class and I teach with an amazing woman.
The Ugly
My kids are driving me a little nuts. Today Landon turned the alarm on in an elevator, after I finally got a cranky Parker to sleep (who did not think a afternoon nap was important), after Landon bit Parker's finger. It was a crazy library trip.
Also I'm still potty training and no where close to done. I want to put Landon in an unparented class but I'm pretty sure it's a pre-req that your kid is potty trained. He never tells me he has to go and doesn't subscribe to the theory of the toilet being a good place for your poop (I know too much info). I've tried bribery it's not really working.
Friday, February 26, 2010
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Posted by Alana at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Luke called his dad, Brad for 3 months straight. He said "This is Brad he is my dad" "This is Mom she is also Karalee" He would never call me Karalee, "No, you are mom!" He did finally out grow it, though last week he kept calling Brad, Uncle Brad!
Alana, thanks for sharing your honest feelings. I too feel the ugly lots. So exciting that you are building.
oops forgot, reading about Landon calling your dad Doulas made me smile.
Life is crazy sometimes, or most of the time, isn't it?! Hopefully all of the good things keep going good - and the bad and ugly get fixed quickly for you!! :)
Post a Comment