Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My 100

The SPT for this month is based on your 100 list. I decided to forgo the first challenge and actually make a 100 list.

1. I love the color yellow
2. I am the seventh child in my family
3. I hate Halloween
4. I love Lemonade and have become very picky about which brands like ( Snapple, Minute Maid in the glass bottle and the juice guys from the states)
5. I am addicted to the food channel
6. I like to read cookbooks
7. You would think from 6 and 7 I would be a better cook but I’m not really
8. When I was younger I thought I would learn to like soup when I was an adult and am slowly getting there
9. I love Christmas
10. I start thinking about what to get people for Christmas in the summer
11. I don’t think I’m very girly
12. I hate shoe shopping
13. I love buying hoodies
14. I love to read
15. My favourite author is Betsy Brannon Green
16. I love corny romantic movies and books
17. I would love to finish a college degree one day
18. I have been a phlebotomist which means I took blood
19. In my first and middle name every other letter is A
20. I wish I could go to more musicals
21. I was married when I was 20
22. I have been married for 3 ½ years
23. I had my son when I was 22
24. I thought it was funny at my old work when the ladies would talk about their kids and how they weren’t ready to move out as their kids were my age and was married and pregnant
25. I want to go Hawaii someday
26. I have never moved over 20 kms
27. I have lived in 4 different houses in my whole life
28. I have spent a whole spring break going to cemeteries in southern Alberta
29. I love reading other people’s blogs
30. I love tulips and Gerber daisies
31. My husband knows the best way to cheer me up involves a Twix or Mars bar
32. I like to dip my toast in hot chocolate
33. When I was little I thought the stuffing and sweet potatoes were the worst part of Thanksgiving dinner
34. They are now my favourite
35. I am trying to be a camper but I don’t ever think I’ll like outhouses
36. I wish I was more brave
37. I don’t like most rides at amusement parks
38. I like waterslides without dark tunnels - it’s just too claustrophobic with them
39. I love looking at houses on the internet
40. I love my calling in the primary presidency
41. I’m jealous of my sisters’ craftiness
42. I keep a computer file of crafts I find on other people’s blogs
43. I’ve never had a calling in Relief Society
44. I hate spiders and used to have one of the upstairs tenants kill them if Jarrett wasn’t home
45. My favourite 2 classes I have ever taken were Sociology of the Family and Children’s Lit
46. I would love to become an elementary school librarian
47. I would love to move to Idaho
48. But fine with staying in Edmonton the rest of my life
49. I kissed my husband first
50. I grocery shop like my Dad sometimes which means I`ll stock up on things just cause they are on sale
51. I have a hard time buying things when I know they are a lot cheaper somewhere else for the exact same thing
52. But I will pay more if it means not going to Superstore on Saturday – that place is crazy
53. Church has paid off for me – I got a $1000 scholarship for community service and everything I listed I was involved in because of the Young Women’s program
54. My favourite place to go to eat is the Keg
55. I used to work in a bakery
56. I know how to solder
57. I learned that skill when I was an electronic assembler for 2 years
58. I met my husband at a Young Single Adult Family Home Evening BBQ
59. It was his first church activity he went to in Edmonton
60. Our first date was to the Bishop’s Ball
61. I can touch my nose with my tongue
62. I’m very competitive in card games
63. But not so much in all sports – I know I’m not very competitive
64. I hate buying things you can’t return, I like to have the freedom to change my mind
65. In grade four I won a watch in a writing contest
66. I would be extremely happy if they brought back the candy punkys
67. My entire family was surprised I passes my driver’s test on the first try
68. Recently my mom has told me I have gotten to be better (I have been driving for nearly 8 years)
69. I can’t drive with my husband is in the car – he needs to be the driver
70. I love the show Jon and Kate plus 8
71. I hate calling people on the phone
72. But I love to talk to my sisters on the phone and my husband is always amazed at how much we talk
73. My favourite feature about myself is my eyes – I think they are a nice blue color
74. I love coconut lime lotion from Bath and body works
75. I don’t have very good teeth but they are straight
76. I gave the tribute to the parents talk at my high school grad
77. I kissed the boy I went to grad with when we were both in preschool (the only time I ever kissed him)
78. I wish I was better at keeping a journal because of that my blog has become part of my journal
79. I love going out to eat
80. I’m pretty sure I commit some serious fashion sins according to what not to wear
81. I always paint my toenails
82. I hate having chipped polish on my fingernails and for that reason rarely paint them
83. I would love to go for pedicures more often
84. I think I may be addicted to facebook
85. I was obsessed with all things England in my jr. high years
86. I don’t like most fruit
87. But do like fruit juice, something about fruit’s texture grosses me out
88. I hate all things banana
89. I like to try to make things I like at restaurants at home – so far we got south-western spring rolls, deep fried ravioli and boneless buffalo wings down
90. I had super funny bangs for a long time and am scared to ever get bangs again
91. I like to plan
92. My brother in law once said he thought I would have the most kids – I don’t think that will come true as that would require us having 6 kids
93. It annoys me when salespeople say clothes won’t shrink as they usually do
94. I love my birthday and wish my husband would get more excited about his
95. I’ve had stitches twice – once in my head and once on the bottom of my foot
96. I now have a hard time walking barefoot outside since that is why I had to get stitches in my foot
97. I played Brigitta in the Sound of Music in Jr high
98. I was on the track team every year in high school but I sucked
99. I knew I wanted to marry my husband after 2 months of dating, it would be a year more till he proposed
100. I’m extremely scared of having a c-section –something about being awake when people cut me open is super gross

5 comments:

The Gibb Family said...

I saw this on someone else's blog and I thought it was really neat. Maybe I'll have to do it too. I don't know if I know that many things about me though. Hmmm! I liked reading yours - you really get to learn a lot about a person!

Nikki said...

I agree with Kari, I learned a lot more about you from this post. It's neat. I think for my 100th post I'll have to do one of these, or something to that effect.

Heather said...

I like your list Alana. Okay - I never noticed your names alternate the letter a. Weird.

Heather said...

I just noticed that my comment says Wynn, but just so you know it's not, it's just me.

Marie said...

How fun! I love 100 posts. It was the first post I ever did. They totally give an overview of someone's personality.

I can't believe Jarrett took so long to propose. That must have been frustrating.