Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Guess who's 2 !!!!

Landon turned two on Monday. We had a birthday celebration with my parents on Sunday with a ham dinner complete with pickles (Landon's favorite). On his actual birthday him and I went Swimming with our friends and later out to eat as a family - but I didn't bring my camera for those parts of the celebration. His birthday was pretty simple as it's usually just him and some adults. He kinda got it this year but not all the way there yet. I have high hopes for next year that he'll have as much excitement as me.

His soccer ball cupcakes, which don't look so bad in the pictures. Landon has become obsessed with soccer balls and thinks all balls are soccer balls.

He was a little weary of the candles and didn't want to blow them out. I realize now we should of told him they were hot as he blows on all things hot.


By far his favourite present was some blocks we bought him, he had no interest in anything else after opening these. (and yes Landon spent his party without clothes on, just socks and a diaper - it worked for us as he went straight to the bath)






We filled his room with balloons, so he would wake up to balloons on his birthday. It's a bit of a where's waldo to find Landon in his bed.
Things about Landon
-he is very much like his dad
- he is a turkey and I usually have stories about him eg. when we went swimming on his birthday, he ran away from me when I was getting him changed and he ran back into the pool completely naked. He obviously wanted to show everyone his birthday suit on his birthday
-he is a sporadic eater who likes things one day but not the next. But he does love cheese, yogurt, pickles and chips and salsa


4 comments:

bknmkalhyland said...

Happy Birthday Landon!! Your cupcakes turned out great!! I love that you filled his room with balloons. What two year old wouldn't like that?

Michelle said...

I am beginning to wonder if you ever clothe that child when he is at home. He seems to have a lot of stories about him without clothing. Maybe he enjoys the freedom just like his grandpa. Dad seems to want to be in his PJ's on your couch.

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun birthday for Landon. And now you have a 2 year old!

Marie said...

Cute cupcakes indeed!

"wanted to show everyone his birthday suit on his birthday" So funny!

Maxwell has been singing "Happy Birthday to you" everyday since his cowboy party. I love it!

Happy Birthday Landon!